Attention social entrepreneurs, non-profits, social business, non-profit business, business folks, and community economic supporters! The Social Enterprise Day of Learning is for you. So be sure to join other like-minded folks on March 8th to learn, network and be entertained!
BC Social Enterprise MeetUp (8 AM to 3PM)
- Gordie Hogg, MLA and Parliamentary Secretary for Non-profit Partnerships to the Minister of Labour, Citizens’ Services and Open Government.
- Margaret Mason, Partner – Bull, Housser & Tupper, an expert in the field providing legal counsel to a wide range of not-for-profit organizations and charities.
- Carla Javits, President – REDF, building the field by broadly sharing the results of its extensive, multi-year effort to measure outcomes that demonstrate the effectiveness of social enterprise in helping people.
BC is celebrating many successes within Social Enterprise, and so are other regions of Canada. Cross Canada Check-in:
- Brendan Reimer, Manitoba’s Social Enterprise Tax Credit
- David Upton, Nova Scotia’s Provincial Social Enterprise Policy
- Peter Hall, latest social enterprise research findings
Blending social values and core business takes a special set of skills and practices that must work together for a Social Enterprise to be successful.
Whether you’re in the planning, launching or growing phase, there are key considerations and questions you need to think about. Your team of coaches includes: in Marketing (Junxion Strategy), Business Systems (JDQ Systems), Finance (KPMG), Human Resources and Strategies will lead you in the right direction.
Using an example, your table will start a discussion that could address the challenges & opportunities in your organization. You will be learning and collaborating with the experts & your social enterprise practitioners network. Have your questions & ideas about governance, sales, customer relations, leadership, pricing, branding, and efficiency ready!!
View the MeetUp Flyer | Visit the MeetUp Website | Register Now
Social Enterprise Dragons (5 to 8PM)
And the finalists are:
- Vancouver Native Housing Society, Urban Aboriginal Fair Trade Gallery (Presentation Coach: Social Venture Partners)
- EMBERS, EMBERS Staffing Solutions (Presentation Coach: KPMG)
- Haida Gwaii Higher Education Society, Natural Resource Studies (Presentation Coach: Junxion Strategy)
Thank you to everyone who submitted a Letter of Interest! Come watch the competition – registration now open!
…and the DRAGONS are:
- Janet Austin, CEO – YWCA Vancouver
- Lorne Burns, Partner – KPMG Vancouver
- Jon Morrison, Principal & President – JDQ Systems
- Mike McCarthy, VP – TELUS
Taming the Dragons…
Masters of Ceremonies:
- Mike Rowlands, Junxion Strategy
- Pam Chaloult, Renewal
Key Note Speakers:
- Andrea Reimer, Councillor & Acting Mayor – City of Vancouver
- Kevin Lynch, President and CEO – Social Enterprise Alliance
View the Dragons’ Flyer | Visit the Dragons’ Website | Register Now
Building your Social Enterprise Workshops (enp BC)
Learn if social enterprise is right for your organization and qualify to apply for an enp Grant
We are visiting every region of BC ! Workshops cover the how and why of social enterprise and qualify participating organizations to apply for a social enterprise development grant from Enterprising Non-Profits. Please pass this learning opportunity on to your networks.
View the Workshop Flyer | Visit the enp Website | Go directly to registration